Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"The Science of Shopping"

1. What points from this article do you feel are most important?

Paco Underhill points out how retail stores and restaurants are placed in specific locations due to human behavior. He clearly explains this by giving the example of airports and the locations of stores and restaurants. I thought this was a very interesting because it makes sense and that method really attracts more customers.

2. How much do you personally feel you are influenced by a store's design?

It tends to vary by stores. If I already have something in mind, store design doesn't usually play a huge role. In other circumstances where I don't necessarily have something in specific, store design tends to influence me.

3. Make a checklist you could use to analyze a retail store like Paco Underhill does.

  • What attracted to me to the store?
  • Store layout- Is it convenient for me?
  • Environment- Do I want to be in that store? Would I mind staying here for a couple of hours?
  • Does the store meet my needs?

No comments:

Post a Comment